How to get your wallet started?
1. Download the wallet software from above.
2. Copy the chesscoin.conf file into the correct directory, e.g.
- Windows: C:\Users\*.*\AppData\Roaming\ChessCoin
- Linux: /home/yourOwnUserHere/.chesscoin/
3. and then start your wallet.
4. hint: secure your wallet with a password
5. backup: now is also a good time to put the wallet on a USB stick (to do that close the wallet and copy the wallet.dat file)
6. Feel free to collect your first ChessCoins from a faucet
7. If you like you can also use a bootstrap:
7a. close your wallet
7b. download the current bootstrap files from here
(you can find the current version in the signature of user: ZzzzeyeZzzz)
7c. copy the bootstrap files into: C:\Users\*.*\AppData\Roaming\ChessCoin (Linux: /home/yourOwnUserHere/.chesscoin/ )
7d. start your wallet again
Join our tournaments - with prizes (15000 CHESS)
Take part in our first chess tournament event!
- Dec 23, 10:00 AM - 12:00 UTC
- Dec 24, 15:00 - 17:00 UTC
We play on the lichess site:
- Join our group first: TCCT (The ChessCoin team)
- This chess site has e.g. 113k Blitz players this week (incl. GMs, LMs, FMs, IMs, ...)
- Here is a howto to familiarize yourself on the chess site
The prize money
are your donations
that are sent to this address, until December 22:
We've so far 15k CHESS as prizes :-) see here
Sponsors will be listed here for their kind donations. Thank you!
Review the rules here
Keep in mind:
what I wrote above is not the Holy Grail, and requires your feedback. We might iron out things more (e.g. dates/times; who gets how much prize, ...).
Since it's our first tourney we'll make our experience and adjust - work in progress :-)
Where can I find block explorer?
Where can I find a faucet?
On which exchanges is ChessCoin listed?
Where is the old website?
See here a copy from 2017 May.
Someone forgot to renew it and it got in other people's hands :-(
That is why now this website is hosted here on github, because:
- it won't ever disappear again (needs no yearly renewal, ...)
- People see what code is run (since this site's code is hosted on github)
- You can just start this all locally, no need to go online: download this and open the index.html in your browser
- Everyone can help update it (by submitting a pull request here)
- No downtimes (since github is a global player)